Tagliatelle in Tomato Sauce
Member recipe by rraacchhaaeell
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Portions
- The Pasta:
- 80g tagliatelle
- The Sauce:
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 1tbsp olive oil
- half a medium onion, finely diced
- 1 crushed clove of garlic (optional)
- 10 closed-cup mushrooms, peeled and cut in half (optional)
- 200g (1 tin) chopped tomatoes
- half a red pepper, finely diced (optional)
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- Fill half a saucepan with cold water and bring to the boil before adding your pasta. The pasta will take 5-20 mins depending on if you used dried or fresh pasta. To check the pasta is done, use a fork to taste a small piece. if it is still hard, cook it for a few more minutes. Stir occasionally.
- While the pasta is cooking you can start the sauce. Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently saute the onions and garlic- Do NOT let them go brown.
- When the onions and garlic is done, put it into another saucepan with the tomato puree and chopped tomato. Mix together before adding the red pepper and mushroom.
- Let the sauce simmer gently for 10 mins before adding the salt and pepper.
- When the pasta is fully cooked and the sauce is done, serve on a plate or in a large dish with the sauce poured over the top or mixed in witht he pasta. You can also serve it with garlic bread or dough balls.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…