Member recipe by fmknightuk
- 25cm ready made sponge base
- 225g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 675g full-fat soft cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 300ml whipping cream
- pre-heat oven to 180c/gas 4. Butter a 25cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Trim sponge so you have a 1cm thick base and place in prepared cake tin
- Mix sugar and cornflour together then beat in cream cheese
- Beat in eggs and essence then slowly mix in cream till you have a thick creamy consistency
- Pour mix into tin. Place tin on a tray with 2-3mm of water to help create steam during cooking. Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 45-50mins.
- Leave to cool completely before removing from tin
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…