- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 300g penne or fusilli pasta
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp each chopped thyme and oregano
This popular herb grows in Europe, especially the Mediterranean, and is a member of the mint…
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- 150g pack cherry tomato, halved
- 50g bag rocket
Rocket is a very 'English' leaf, and has been used in salads since Elizabethan times. It…
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Mix the pepper and onion with 1 tsp oil and roast for 20 mins.
Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile put the chicken breasts between two sheets of cling film and bash with a rolling pin until they’re about 1cm thick. Mix remaining oil, herbs, chilli and garlic then rub all over the chicken. Heat a griddle or barbecue and cook for 3-4 mins on each side.
Slice the chicken on a board, scrape into the pasta with any juices, plus the roasted onion and pepper, cherry tomatoes, rocket, vinegar and seasoning. Toss together and eat warm or cold.