Healthy Oats and Til Bar
Member recipe by nupurk23
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Bars
Sesame and Oats bar, very easy to prepare and serves a perfect healthy snack.
- 2 CUPS GRATEd JAGGERY (Gur)
- 1 CUP PUFFED RICE ( Murmura )
- 1/4 CUP SESAME SEEDS (til)
- 1/4 CUP PEANUTS
- 1/2 CUP QUICK ROLLED OATS
- 1 TSP CARDEMOM POWDER
- GHEE FOR GREASING THALI
- 1 tsp ghee
- Melt 1/2 tsp ghee on a griddle and roast Sesame seeds till brown on a low flame. Note that they should not burn black. Keep aside
- Roast rolled oats and peanuts separately. ( you can use little ghee here, I just roasted them plain dry)
- Make a syrup of jaggery, 1/2 tsp of ghee and a little water ( just to make it thick consistency syrup )
- Mix all the roasted ingredients, puffed rice and cardamom powder to this jaggery syrup and stir well till mixed.
- Pour the mixture in a greased thali and spread evenly. Let the misture cool down for 5 min.
- Cut into squares.. Store in an airtight container. Njoy !!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…