Chocolate and Cherry Cupcakes
Member recipe by foreverm97
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
These indulgent chocolate and cherry cupcakes melt in your mouth with it's tasty gooeyness.
- The Cupcakes:
- 125g of Unsalted Butter
- 100g of Cooking Chocolate (Broken into pieces)
- 110g of Glace Cherries
- 35g of Cocoa Powder
- 150g of Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs (Beaten)
- 150g of Self Raising Flour
- The Decoration:
- 100g of Almonds
- Betty Crocker âChocolate Buttercream Icingâ.
- Preheat the oven to 1800C/ Gas Mark 4.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until the mixture is pale and smooth â this should take 3-5 minutes using an Electric Hand Mixer.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat again briefly â add the sifted flour and baking powder and beat the mixture again until itâs well combined.
- Stir in the pieces of Dark Chocolate and Cherries using a wooden spoon (Make sure you do not crush the chocolate, otherwise when the cupcakes are baking, the chocolate wonât melt inside).
- Carefully spoon the mixture into each of the cupcake cases, filling them to about two-thirds full.
- Bake them in the oven for about 20-25 minutes â to check they are cooked, insert a skewer in the centre of the cakes which should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave the cakes in their tins for about 10 minutes before carefully placing on a wire rack to cool.
- Once they are completely cool, ice the cupcakes with the Chocolate Buttercream icing using a mini palette or butter knife. For decoration, place 5-6 almonds on each top in a petal formation and a dot of white icing in the centre as the pollen.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…