- 1 tsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 1 onion, finely chopped
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 200g sweetcorn, frozen or from a can
Also known as corn on the cob, sweetcorn is composed of rows of tightly packed golden yellow…
- 1-2 tbsp chipotle paste (we used Discovery)
- 250g Pouch ready-cooked long-grain and wild rice mix (we used Uncle Ben's)
- 400g can black beans in water, rinsed and drained
- 1.3l low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cooked skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- low-fat soured cream and reduced fat guacamole, to serve, if you like
Want to see what this recipe costs at different supermarkets? Compare in one place here:
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the onion for 5 mins. Throw in the pepper and cook for 2 mins more, then add the sweetcorn, chipotle paste and rice. Stir well and cook for 1-2 mins.
Add the black beans and the stock. Bring to the boil, turn down to a simmer, then add half the chicken and coriander. Cool for 2-3 mins, then ladle into bowls.
Scatter over the rest of the chicken and coriander. Serve with a dollop each of guacamole and soured cream on top if you like.