- 9 lamb cutlets, French trimmed
- 3 lemon, 1 zested and juiced, others each cut into 4 fat slices
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 250g baby courgettes, halved lengthways
The courgette is a variety of cucurtbit, which means it's from the same family as cucumber,…
- small bunch of mint, leaves picked
There are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.…
- 400g can butter beans, drained
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 140g feta cheese, crumbled
Marinate the lamb cutlets in the lemon juice and 4 tbsp olive oil for about 20 mins. Brush courgettes with another 2-3 tbsp olive oil and season.
Lift the lamb cutlets out of the marinade, season well and barbecue or griddle for 1-3 mins on each side. Barbecue or griddle the courgettes for 2-3 mins on each side until tender and charred. Barbecue or griddle the lemon slices for 30 secs-1 min each side to char and caramelise slightly.
Transfer the lamb and courgettes to a platter. Scatter on the mint, lemon zest, butter beans, chilli, spring onions, feta and seasoning, and gently toss. Drizzle with olive oil and add the barbecued lemons to the platter to squeeze over.