- 1 tbsp groundnut oil or sunflower oil
- 340g pack of mini chicken breast fillets (sometimes called goujons)
Chicken's many plus points - its versatility, as well as the ease and speed with which it…
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 200g pack tender stem broccoli, stems halved if very long
Like cabbage and cauliflower, broccoli is a brassica and is sometimes known by its Italian name…
- 200ml chicken stock
- 1 heaped tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp clear honey or 2 tsp golden caster sugar
Honey is made by bees from the nectar they collect from flowers. Viscous and fragrant, it's…
- the zest of half a lemon and the juice of a whole one
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- a large handful of roasted cashews
The seeds from the 'Cashew Apple' - a tree which bears bright orange fruit and is native…
Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the chicken and fry for 3-4 minutes until golden. Remove from the pan and add the garlic and broccoli. Stir fry for a minute or so then cover and cook for 2 minutes more, until almost tender.
Mix the stock, cornflour and honey or sugar well, then pour into the pan and stir until thickened. Tip the chicken back into the pan and let it heat through, then add the lemon zest and juice, and cashew nuts. Stir, then serve straight away with basmati rice or noodles.