- 50g butter
Butter is made when lactic-acid producing bacteria are added to cream and churned to make an…
- 8 green cardamom pod, seeds removed and finely crushed
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 plump fresh red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated fresh root ginger
- 2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- generous pinch of ground turmeric
- 8 slim boneless skinless salmon fillet
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
Want to see what this recipe costs at different supermarkets? Compare in one place here:
Up to a day ahead, melt the butter in a medium pan, add the cardamom and coconut and stir non-stop for 2 to 3 minutes until the coconut starts to toast. Stir in the chilli, ginger, garlic, ground coriander and turmeric. Cook for another minute then leave to cool.
Arrange the salmon in a single layer, spaced slightly apart, in 1 large or 2 smaller buttered ovenproof dishes. Scatter on the coriander and spread the coconut mixture on top. Cover in cling film and chill (for up to a day) until an hour before cooking.
To serve, turn the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C. Remove the cling film. Roast the salmon for 13-15 minutes until cooked, but still moist. Bring to the table in the dish(es).