Chicken Noodle Soup
Member recipe by anna_or
- 1 whole chicken thigh
- 1 large carrot sliced thickly
- ½ parsnip cut in 4
- Small onion cut in half widthways and sealed
- 1.5l boiling water
- Bunch of lovage tied with a string (about 3 stems with leaves, can be substituted with celery)
- Noodles or small cut pasta
- Salt to taste
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Rinse the thigh well, place in a pot and pour 1.5l of boiling water and bring to boil.
- Once boiling add the carrot, the parsnip, salt and the lovage and continue to boil for 40 minutes.
- To seal the onion heat a frying pan dry (no oil or butter) and place the onion cut side down. Press the onion down and leave on the heat till turns dark brown.
- After the soup boiled for 40 minutes, add the onion and boil for another 20 minutes.
- Once finished boiling remove the onion, the parsnip and the bunch of lovage. Take the thigh out and peel the meat off the bone. Place the meat in 2 bowls with noodles and pour the stock over including the carrots, garnish with chopped parley and sprinkle with pepper.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…