Easy Garlic Mushrooms
Member recipe by anna_or
Cheesy garlic mushrooms in 15 minutes. Great as a side or a stress free starter.
- 4 large flat mushrooms like portobello (washed, stems removed)
- 4 tbsp of butter in room temperature (for lower calories content I use buttery spread like Low Low Gold)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp of chopped curled leaf parsley
- 60g grated cheddar
- Salt and pepper to taste (with salted butter and the cheese I don't think it needs any salt)
- Preheat the oven to 240C/ 220C fan.
- In a bowl combine the butter, salt if using, squeezed garlic, parsley and half of the cheese and mix well with a fork.
- Lay the mushrooms on a baking tray, spoon the mixture on top and sprinkle with some black pepper. Place in the oven for 10 minutes and preheat grill to medium.
- Take the mushrooms from the oven, top with the remaining cheese, place under the grill for about 2 minutes or till melted to your liking.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…