Banana and Nut Cookies
Member recipe by lisamulligan
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cookies
These soft and succulent cookies have a consistency half way between cake and cookies. The banana gives each cookie a moist and fruity flavor. Soy/soya flour (available from health food shops) allows for a lot of healthy goodness to be hidden in each cookie.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 170g soy/soya flour
- 60g wholemeal flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 25g cashew nuts30g raisins
- Mash all 4 bananas in a small bowl using a fork, then transfer to a larger cooking bowl. If you want to have less washing up you can mash the bananas in the large bowl but you will find it a lot harder work.
- Slowly mix the soy and wholemeal flour into the bananas causing the mixture to thicken.
- Mix in the eggs and olive oil to form form a smooth paste.
- Add the cashew nuts and raisins and gently mix them in.
- Line two baking trays with baking parchment and lightly grease the surface with a little butter. Using two spoons transfer six large scoops of the mixture onto each baking tray. Cook for 15 minutes in an oven preheated to 190°C/380°F/Gas Mark 5.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…