Chocolate Fudge Cake
Member recipe by dale17
- 175g Self-Raising Flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 medium sized eggs - beaten
- 1/4pt sunflower oil
- 1/4pt Milk
- FOR THE ICING
- 75g unsalted butter
- 175g icing sugar (more if needed)
- 2.5 tbsp cocoa powder
- milk or warm water
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ÃÂ°F/ Gas mark 4. Grease and line two 18cm sandwich tins.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.
- Add the sugar and mix well. make a well in centre and add the syrup,eggs,oil and milk. beat well until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the two tins and bake for 25-30 minutes until risen and firm to the touch. remove from oven,leave to cool before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Sandwich the two cakes together with butter cream icing, to make the icing place the butter in a bowl and beat until soft.
- Gradually sift and beat in the icing sugar and then add enough milk/water until soft (if you add to much milk/water just sift some more icing sugar in) make the icing fluffy and spreadable.
- Finally sandwich the cakes together with the icing and the cover the cake in the rest of the icing. use a fork to put some patterns on the top if needed.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…