Garvey's m&m's Brownies
Member recipe by lorc9000
ServingsServes 1 - 15 Brownies
- 180g(6oz) butter
- 150g(5oz) dark chocolate
- 3 medium sized eggs
- 250g(8oz) castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 110g(4oz) sieved plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g m&m's
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over gently simmering water.
- Whisk eggs, castor sugar and vanilla essence together until pale and thick and until it has doubled in volume.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture to the whisked eggs mixture.
- Fold in the flour and the baking powder and spread in a rectangular tin.
- Add the m&m's on top of the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes. The brownies will be quite gooey in the middle.
- Allow them to cool for 20 minutes and cut into squares. If you wrap cling film around them they will keep for 2 days.
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…