Chocolate Fudge Cake
Member recipe by mariamtherese
- 175g Self raising flour
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Bicarbonate soda
- 150g Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) Sunflower oil
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) Semi skimmed milk
- 2 Tbsp Golden syrup
- For the Coating and filling
- 75g Unsalted butter
- 175g Icing Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Drop of Milk
- Pre-heat oven to 180ÃÂºC/350F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line two 18cm (7 inch) sandwich tins.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa and Bicarbonate of Soda into a bowl. Add the sugar and mix well. Make a well in the centre and add the syrup, eggs, oil and milk. Beat well with electric whisk until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the two tins and bake for 25 - 30 minutes until risen and firm to the touch. Remove from oven, leave to cool before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- To make your butter icing, place the butter in a bowl and beat until soft. Gradually sift and beat in the icing sugar and cocoa powder then add enough milk to make the icing fluffy and spreadable.
- If the cake has risen a little to high then use a serrated knife to even off the top, now sandwich the two cakes together with the butter icing and cover the sides and the top of the cake with more butter icing.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…