Spicy Bean Burgers
Member recipe by sarah_clk
Cheep and cheerful recipe suitable for vegetarians but loved by meat eaters too!
- 1 tin of cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tin of kidney beans, drained
- 1 slice of bread
- 1/2 onion
- 3-4 small mushrooms
- 1 egg
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder or a few drops of tabasco sauce
- Fresh corriander
- To Serve
- 4-6 bread rolls
- Blitz the bread and fresh corriander together to make breadcrumbs.
- In a blender put the beans with the breadcrumbs and egg. Blend together but leave chunky.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients until combined. Dust hands with flour and shape mixture in to burger shapes. This mixture makes 4 VERY large burgers or 6 smaller ones.
- Fry burgers in a pan, on a medium heat until brown and hot all the way through.
- Serve burgers in a bread bun with ketchup and salad. Lovely with potato wedges too.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…