- 400g can chopped tomato with garlic
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
- 1 canful of easy-cook rice
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 chorizo or other spicy sausages, about 200g/8oz, skinned and chunkily chopped
A coarsely textured spiced pork sausage widely used in Spanish and Mexican cooking. It is made…
- 2 handfuls of frozen sweetcorn kernels or a 198g can, drained
Also known as corn on the cob, sweetcorn is composed of rows of tightly packed golden yellow…
- a large sprinkling of Cajun seasoning
Tip the tomatoes into a large microwavable bowl. Fill the empty can with rice and tip it into the bowl, then fill the can with water and pour it in. Stir in the pepper, chorizo, sweetcorn, Cajun seasoning and some salt and pepper to season.
Cover the bowl with cling film and pierce a couple of holes in it with a knife. Microwave the rice for 10 minutes at 750W. Tear off the cling film and give everything a really good stir, then return the uncovered bowl to the microwave for another 12-15 minutes until the rice is done.
Take the bowl out of the microwave, cover it with a plate and leave to stand for 5 minutes before stirring in the parsley, if you are using it. Serve the jambalaya straight from the bowl, with the soured cream to spoon over it.