Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Member recipe by orange-duck
Cooking time35 minutes cooling time
ServingsServes 1 - 15 Cookies
If you want big chewy cookies like you see in bakery windows, then this is the recipe for you!
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 2g baking soda
- 170g unsalted butter, melted
- 220g packed brown sugar
- 100g white sugar
- 15ml vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 335g chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour and baking soda into a bowl, then add the salt and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar thoroughly. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Then mix in the reserved sifted ingredients until mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Pour 1/4 of the cookie dough at a time onto the prepared greased sheets. The cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…