garlic and chilli curry
Member recipe by cheesy01
A quick curry I fired together with whatever I could find in my store cupboard.
- For the blender
- 1/2 bulb of garlic
- 10 birds eye chillies (depending on how hot you like it)
- 1 red pepper
- Handful of peppercorns
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 3 Large onions
- 1 tbsp tomato purÃÂ©e
- 2 tbsp muscovado sugar
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 100g butter
- 150g creamed coconut
- 1 kg boneless chicken breast
- 1tbsp black onion seeds
- 1tbsp mustard seeds
- 5 curry leaves
- Blend everything apart from the chicken, onion seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves in a food processor until relatively smooth
- In a large casserole dish fry off the mustard seeds, onion seeds and curry leaves in a little oil for about 20 seconds.
- Add the chicken and fry for about a minute or two
- Add the blended sauce and leave to simmer on a low heat for about half an hour
- Serve with basmati rice and/or naan.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…