Beef and harvest veg stew
Member recipe by lala83
Deliciously light beef stew with butternut squash, sweet potatoes and carrots. A firm family favourite.
- 500g diced casserole beef
- 1 butternut squash
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 large carrots
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- olive oil
- 2 beef oxo cubes
- 1 vegetable oxo cube
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Peel and roughly chop the carrots, sweet potatoes and butternut squash into large chunks.
- Heat the oil in a pan and brown the beef. Once browned add to casserole dish. Finely chop the onion and soften in the pan with the garlic before adding to the casserole dish.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the casserole dish and make up 2 pints of stock with the oxo cubes. Pour over the vegetables and add the mixed herbs. (The stock should almost cover the ingredients )
- Cover the casserole and cook in the oven for 2 hours.
- Serve with cous cous and/or warm bread rolls.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…