sea bass & chilli sauce
Member recipe by eadiedog
- for the sauce
- 1 lemongrass
- chillies to taste - i use 1 red
- pickled onions finely sliced (to taste again)
- piece of ginger shredded (about thumb sized)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 3-4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 4 sea bass fillets
- I serve with homemade chunky oven chips (or sweet potato chips) and tomato & onion salad with chilli dressing
- Sauce: mix all sauce ingredients except chilli sauce and leave to stand, then stir in chilli sauce and blend
- steam sea bass in steamer for about 5-7 mins (I steam in microwave using special steamer from Lakeland)
- place sea bass on warmed plate and serve a little of the sauce over bass, rest of sauce in dish for dipping
- Serve with chunky chips and salad. Friday night tea sorted!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…