Member recipe by roobarb100
- 500g mixed mushrooms (wild and cultivated)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, Peeled, halved and finely chopped
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 150ml white wine
- 1tbsp tomato paste
- 300ml full boded chicken stock
- 700g boned chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth and finely slice. Melt 2tbsp butter and 2 tbsp olive oil in a heavy non-stick frying pan and gently cook the onion for 10 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add sea salt, pepper, paprika and wine and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes until the wine is absorbed. Add the tomato paste and stock and simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Lightly bash the chicken thighs flat and cut across the grain into thin strips. Heat the remaining butter and oil in a second pan and cook the chicken in batches over medium heat until lightly golden.
- Tip the chicken and any pan juices into the mushroom suace, add the sour cream, mustard and dill, and simmer gently, stirring, for 5 minutes. Scatter with parsley and serve with rice or buttered noodles.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…