Quick & Tasty Bolognese
Member recipe by maddiekara
ServingsServes 1 - 4 Portions
A firm favourite of even the most fussy of eaters, this rich & tasty bolognese is quick & fun to make.
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 x 560g jars of tomato & mushroom pasta sauce (or any of your choice)
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 punnet of mushrooms sliced (optional)
- 1 generous tbsp honey
- 8 shakes of a worcestershire sauce bottle
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 squeezes of tomato & garlic puree
- salt & pepper to taste
- Your choice of cheese for seving
- Using a large frying pan, fry off the finely chopped onion in 1 tsp butter until slightly golden then add the mushrooms and other tsp of butter and fry on a medium heat until cooked.
- Break up the mince & add to the pan, cooking until the meat is almost all brown. Add a few twists of a salt and pepper mill.
- Keeping the pan on a medium heat, add both jars of sauce & stir 2 good squeezes of the tomato & garlic puree into the mix.
- Add the honey and worcestershire sauce and allow to cook down for 20 minutes until the bolognese is thick and glossy, stiring every 5 to stop it sticking.
- Serve with your choice of cheese on top & buttery spaghetti, yum yum
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…