Traditional Roast Potatoes
Member recipe by renatasgoodfood
- Maris piper potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- Duck fat
- Sea salt & white pepper
- Rosemary sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves, bashed but unpeeled
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- Fragment of star anise (about a quarter)
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until nearly falling apart. Drain and allow to steam-dry for a couple of minutes while you pre-heat the duck fat in a 200C oven.
- Shake the potatoes as much as you dare to chuff up the sides, then tip into the smoking fat.
- After 25 minutes, gently squash the potatoes with a masher to open up the sides a little. Chuck in the rosemary, garlic, vinegar and star anise and a generous helping of salt and white pepper.
- Continue roasting until browned to your liking (about another 25 minutes).
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…