Best Potato Salad
Member recipe by jordangenevieve
My favourite potato salad recipe of all time - this one gives a spicy, sour kick.
- 1 kg Mediterranean baby-potatoes, washed and cooked in salted water till soft but still firm
- 1/2 tsp olive oil, to keep potatoes moist
- For the sauce:
- 250ml tangy mayonnaise
- 125ml creme fraiche
- 4 gherkins, finely chopped
- 15 ml capers, washed and finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 handful dill and Italian parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- freshly ground sea salt and pepper, to taste
- handful fresh baby rocket
- Carefully peel the potatoes and cut in halves or quarters. Gently sprinkle with olive oil to keep moist until needed.
- For the sauce: Mix together all the sauce ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gently mix the sauce through the potatoes. Be careful not to over-mix as you don't want the potatoes to break apart. Top the potato salad with the rocket.
- Tip: Keep the salad at room temperature until serving. If it's too cold some of the flavours won't come through.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…