Member recipe by pigwidgeon
Stuffed Breakfast/Horse Mushrooms with bacon lardons, shallot, garlic, breadcrumbs and sage
- 6 flat Breakfast/Horse mushrooms
- 125g unsmoked bacon lardons
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- some dried sage
- 40-50g grated medium cheddar cheese
- Wipe the hull of the mushrooms to remove any dirt, then turn upside down and remove the stalks. Place on a baking tray underside up.
- Fry the lardons, then prepare the shallot and garlic and chop finely, add to the bacon.
- Finely chop the mushroom stalks and add to the frying pan, fry on a moderate heat for about 5 minutes until all the ingredients are cooked.
- Take off the heat and add the breadcrumbs and sage, stir to make an even mixture.
- Spoon into the hollows of the mushrooms and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake in a hot oven (220o/Gas Mark 7) for approx. 10-12 minutes until the cheese has melted. Serve with crusty bread and a green salad.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…