Meringue crisp layer cake
Member recipe by freyacm
- 3 large egg whites
- 150g unrefined caster sugar
- 200g Jordans Chocolate Country Crisp
- 300ml whipping cream
- 40g icing sugar, sifted
- 3-4 passionfruit, seeds pressed through a sieve to give 4tbsp juice
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 2 kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 100g raspberries
- Preheat oven to 160C / 140C fan / Gas Mark 3. Line 2 x 9 inch loose bottomed cake tins with non-stick baking parchment.
- Whisk egg whites, using an electric hand whisk until stiff peaks form. Gradually whisk in the caster sugar, a tbsp at a time, until glossy and thick peaks are left, when the whisks are lifted out.
- Scatter Jordans Chocolate Country Crisp evenly over the base of the two tins, then divide the meringue mixture between the two, smoothing with a spoon. Bake for one hour until crisp. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tins.
- Meanwhile whip the cream and icing sugar together until thickened. Stir in half of the passionfruit juice. Chill until ready to assemble.
- To serve, place one meringue layer on a serving plate, held on with a blob of cream underneath. Spoon over the flavoured cream. Add second meringue layer and spoon over the papaya, kiwi and raspberries. Drizzle with remaining passionfruit juice.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…