Member recipe by ebonypeters
ServingsServes 1 - 27 Biscuits
These cookies are a traditional Australian recipe. These were sent to the anzac's while they fought at Gallipoli, where my great great grandfather served for his country.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- preheat oven 180C / 350F. mix together flour, oats, coconut and brown sugar
- melt butter and golden syrup in the microwave. Mix the mix bicarbonate of soda with the boiling water and add to the melted butter and Golden Syrup.
- Pour the liquids into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- roll spoonful by spoonful of mixture, about the size of a walnut shell and place onto an oven try lined with baking paper. leaving space again between dollops to allow for spreading.
- press dollops down with a fork to flaten and proceed to bake for 15-20 minutes, Cool on a wire rack and seal in airtight containers.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…