Coconut Rice & Peas
Member recipe by defenz1973
- 50ml/2fl oz vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300g long grain or basmati rice
- 400ml water
- 400ml coconut milk
- 400g/ 1 tin kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp fresh thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh coriander, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until translucent.
- Add the rice, stir well and add the water and coconut milk. Bring to the boil.
- Add the kidney beans and thyme, simmer, and cover, for about 20 minutes until the rice is cooked. Season with the salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve garnished with the coriander
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…