Chicken Mushroom Soup
Member recipe by ahmedtiko
Great and easy recipe by Diana Rattray. make a professional tasty soup at home.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 large rib celery, diced
- 12 to 16 ounces sliced mushrooms, a combination of fresh mushroom varieties, if desired
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- In a large saucepan, heat butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and stir until tender but not browned.
- Add diced chicken, carrot, and celery; cook, stirring, until chicken is nearly cooked through.
- Add the mushrooms and continue cooking, stirring, until mushrooms are tender. Stir in flour until blended; add chicken broth and thyme.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring. Cover and reduce heat to low; cook for about 10 to 16 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste; stir in cream and heat through.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…