Turkey & Ham Pie
Member recipe by claire-matt
- 30 g butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 450 g mushrooms, sliced
- 275 ml cream
- 100 ml turkey or chicken stock
- 675 g cooked turkey, and ham leftovers, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon, or marjoram
- puff pastry, rolled out to ÃÂ½ cm thickness, enough to cover the pie
- Pre-heat the oven to 230C/gas 8.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan large enough to hold all the meat, add the chopped onion, season with salt and pepper and sweat on a gently heat until the onions are softened.
- Toss the sliced mushrooms in a little butter in a frying pan over a high heat until golden brown (you might need to do this in two batches).
- Add the mushroom to the onions, together with the cream and stock and bring to the boil. Leave to simmer gently for several minutes until it starts to thicken, then season to taste.
- Stir in the meat leftovers, then pour into a shallow baking dish. Cover with puff pastry, sealing the edges and making a small incision in the top to let steam escape.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, then turn the heat down to 200C/gas 4 and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- When the pastry is golden brown, remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly before serving.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…