Member recipe by pamsat
- For the duplings:
- 1 cup washed black gram (urad dal)
- 600 ml water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 5 GMS green chilies, chopped
- 250 ml oil
- For the curd mixture:
- 2 cups thick curd, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. black salt
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper powder
- For the garnish:
- 1 tsp. coriander leaves, chopped
- A pinch of chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 mint leaves
- 2 2/3 tbsp. tamarind chutney
- 1/4 cup green chutney
- Clean the urad (washed black gram) dal and soak in water for overnight. Drain and grind to a fine paste, adding a little water if required.
- Remove from the mixer. Add salt, ginger Mix well
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry them in the shape of balls, a few at a time. Deep fry till golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Soak the prepared balls in sufficient lukewarm water till they are soft.
- Add salt, cumin powder, black salt and white pepper powder to the beaten curd. Mix well.
- Remove the balls from water, squeeze out excess water and add to the curd mixture.
- Keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve chilled
- Serve chilled, garnished with coriander leaves, chili powder, cumin powder, mint leaves and tamarind chutney.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…