- 150g pot low-fat natural yogurt
Yogurt is made by adding a number of types of harmless bacteria to milk, causing it to ferment.…
- 2 tbsp hot curry paste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 250g pack cherry tomatoes
- 4 wholemeal chapati, warmed, to serve
For the cucumber salad
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- handful chopped coriander leaves
- juice 1 lemon
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 50g pack lamb's lettuce or pea shoots
Sometimes known as Corn Salad, lamb's lettuce has long spoon-shaped dark leaves and a…
Put 8 wooden skewers in a bowl of water to soak. Mix the yogurt and curry paste together in a bowl, then add the chicken (if you have time, marinate for an hr or so). In a large bowl, toss together the cucumber, red onion, coriander and lemon juice. Chill until ready to serve.
Shake off any excess marinade, then thread the chicken pieces and cherry tomatoes onto the pre-soaked skewers. Cook under a medium grill for 15-20 mins, turning from time to time, until cooked through and nicely browned.
Stir the lettuce or pea shoots into the salad, then divide between 4 plates. Top each serving with 2 chicken tikka skewers and serve with the warm chapatis.