Member recipe by nawazcook
- 1/2 kg maida (flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 5-6 slices bread (sides removed)
- curd for kneading
- a pinch of salt
- Oil for frying
- Sieve maida and baking powder together. Set aside
- Soak the bread slices in water. Squeeze out the water. Mix with the maida and knead together with curds into dough.
- Cover and keep aside for 4 hours to rise.
- Divide dough equally into small balls. Roll out into fairly thick chapatis.
- Deep fry till light brown.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…