P.L's Orange Marmalade
Member recipe by nawazcook
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Jars
- 1 kg oranges
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 ltr water
- 2 kg sugar
- Halve the fruit and remove the pips. Tie the pips in a muslin cloth.
- Slice the oranges with the peels finely and soak with the lemon juice, water and pips (tied in muslin cloth) in a stainless steel or glass vessel overnight.
- The next day put the fruit in a pressure cooker. Cook for 20 minutes. Reduce pressure gradually.
- Open cooker and remove bag of pips and squeeze it dry.
- Add sugar return to fire and bring it to a boil. Boil rapidly till set is obtained
- Cool and fill in jars.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…