P.L's Guava Jelly
Member recipe by nawazcook
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Jars
- 1 kg ripe guavas
- 1/2 ltr water
- juice of 1 lemon
- sugar to measure ( for every 500 ml liquid, add 550 gms sugar)
- Wash, wipe and slice guavas
- Put them in a pressure cooker with water. Bring to full pressure and cook for 5 minutes.
- Strain through a jelly bag or over cloth and strain the fruit without stirring as this will make the jelly cloudy.
- Leave for several hours to strain. Add sugar and lemon juice. Return to heat and boil uncovered for some time
- Cool and pour into sterilised jars and seal.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…