- Choose a potato that is high in starch for the creamiest mash. We like to use Desiree or Maris Piper.
- Cut potatoes into even chunks so they cook at the same rate.
- Let the potatoes steam-dry to get rid of any water.
- For the smoothest mash use a potato ricer or push the potatoes through a sieve with a ladle.
- If you want to make the mash in advance, make it as normal then then cover it with clingfilm and put it in the fridge. To serve, reheat with milk and cream.
GET THE BEST FROM YOUR POTATO
Roast your sweet potatoes to stop them getting waterlogged.