Points to remember
- If you don’t have a pestle and mortar to make the paste you can finely grate the garlic and stir with the rest of the ingredients.
- Snip away any excess fat on each chicken thigh using kitchen scissors.
- Sit the chicken on top of the vegetables, skin side up, so it crisps up in the oven.
- Tuck in the thyme sprigs so that they don’t burn in the oven.
- Cook for about 1 hr, or until the chicken is crisp and the vegetables are softened.
Serve with rice or a jacket potato.
Vary the recipe
You could use chicken legs or breasts if you prefer, but the cooking time may be shorter.