How to make pizza
Learn how to make the perfect pizza dough for a deliciously crisp homemade pizza margherita that you can top with whatever you like. Just follow our easy guide.
For the perfect homemade pizza:
- Preheat oven and a baking sheet to 240C/fan 220C.
- Mix strong bread flour, salt and instant yeast together in a large bowl. Quickly stir in warm water and olive oil and bring together to a rough dough.
- Tip out the mixture onto a lightly floured worksurface and knead for 5 mins until you have a smooth, springy dough.
- Roll out into thin rounds (you may have to stretch it with your hands a little) about 25cm across and place on floured baking sheets.
- Add your favourite toppings (such as tomato passata, mozzarella, vegetables or cured meats), place the floured sheet on top of the preheated sheet and bake for 8-10 mins until the pizza is crisp.
See the full recipe for our easy pizza margherita.
HOW TO MAKE PIZZAThe dough doesn't need to be left to rise as the base should be be very thin. If you do want to leave your dough to rise, place it into a large oiled bowl, covered with oiled clingfilm. When you are ready to make the pizza, punch the dough down to knock out any air that's accumulated.
HOW TO MAKE PIZZAPlacing the pizza's baking tray on another hot baking sheet helps make the pizza really crispy.
[monetizer101_shopping shop_id="823" template="3772" content_id="9380" /]