How to make lasagne
Try our app for ad-free recipe inspiration – download now
Learn how to make a comforting classic lasagne to share with friends and family. You can make your own white sauce or use a shop-bought version to save time.
How to make an easy lasagne
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil and brown 750g lean beef mince in two batches.
- Chop four slices of prosciutto into small pieces and stir most of them into the mince.
- Add 800g tomato sauce or passata, 200ml hot beef stock and a pinch of grated nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir and leave to simmer for about 30 mins until the sauce is reduced.
- Spoon about a third of the mince into the bottom of a large ovenproof dish.
- Top with about 100g fresh lasagne sheets.
- Spoon over about 180g white sauce.
- Repeat those layers twice more, finishing with the rest of the white sauce.
- To finish the lasagne, scatter 125g torn strips of mozzarella over the top. Add pieces of leftover prosciutto.
- Bake at 180C/fan/160C/gas 4 for about 45 mins.
See the full recipe for this classic lasagne and learn how to make your own white sauce.
Get more recipe ideas for this classic Italian pasta bake:
Chicken, squash & pesto lasagne
Speedy chorizo ragu lasagne
Creamy courgette lasagne
Best ever lasagne recipes
Comments, questions and tips