How to make lasagne
Magazine subscription – choose a brand-new cookbook when you subscribe
Learn how to make a comforting classic lasagne to share with friends and family. You can make your own white sauce or use a shop-bought version to save time.
How to make an easy lasagne
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil and brown 750g lean beef mince in two batches.
- Chop four slices of prosciutto into small pieces and stir most of them into the mince.
- Add 800g tomato sauce or passata, 200ml hot beef stock and a pinch of grated nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir and leave to simmer for about 30 mins until the sauce is reduced.
- Spoon about a third of the mince into the bottom of a large ovenproof dish.
- Top with about 100g fresh lasagne sheets.
- Spoon over about 180g white sauce.
- Repeat those layers twice more, finishing with the rest of the white sauce.
- To finish the lasagne, scatter 125g torn strips of mozzarella over the top. Add pieces of leftover prosciutto.
- Bake at 180C/fan/160C/gas 4 for about 45 mins.