How to make cookies
Magazine subscription – your first 5 issues for only £5!
Learn how to make easy chocolate chip cookies from start to finish in under 30 minutes. Soft and squidgy, they'll go down a treat with kids and adults alike.
How to make basic cookies:
- Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Line two baking sheets.
- Beat together 150g softened salted butter, 80g light brown muscovado sugar and 80g granulated sugar.
- Add 1 egg and 2 tsp vanilla extract and mix in.
- Sieve 225g plain flour, ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda and ¼ tsp salt into the bowl. Mix in 200g plain chocolate chips.
- Spoon small scoops of the mixture onto the baking trays, spacing them well apart.
- Bake for 8-10 mins. Leave on the tray for a couple of mins to set. Lift onto a cooling rack.
See the full recipe for vintage chocolate chip cookies.
Can't get enough of cookies? Try these recipes next: