How to make mulled wine brownies:
- Line a 20cm x 20cm brownie tin with baking parchment
- Mix 150g butter and 200g light brown sugar in a bowl
- Add 1 egg and 1 yolk and continue mixing
- Pour in 100g melted dark chocolate and 100ml red wine, then sift in 100g plain flour and 50g cocoa powder
- Add the spices: a pinch each of nutmeg and ground cloves, ¼ tsp each of cinnamon and ginger and a pinch of salt
- Mix well, pour into the brownie tin and spread the top to even it out
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 mins at 180C/160C fan/gas 4
- Serve with crème fraîche
For a spectacular dinner party dessert use this bake in our mulled wine brownie surprise.
Find more indulgent chocolate brownie recipes...
Have you tried these mulled wine brownies? Leave a comment below...