Take biscuits to a new level with four cookies made from one basic recipe:
Base cookie dough
- Put 120g softened butter in a bowl and add 75g light brown sugar and 75g golden caster sugar. Beat well with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy, as shown by our video on how to cream butter and sugar.
- Add 1 medium egg and mix again until smooth then add 1 tsp vanilla extract, ½ tbsp bicarbonate of soda and 180g plain flour.
- Stir until smooth then mix in your choice of flavourings:
- 50g dark chocolate chunks
- 50g milk chocolate chunks
- 50g white chocolate chunks
White chocolate & pretzel
- 100g white chocolate chunks
- 50g pretzels
- pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 40g chopped peanuts
- 60g mini jammy dodgers, chopped
Chocolate & pumpkin seed
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 150g dark chocolate chunks
- 50g toasted pumpkin seeds
Bake the cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Once you've mixed through your flavourings put heaped teaspoonfuls of the dough onto your prepared baking sheets, leaving space for them to spread, then bake for 10 mins.
- Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Treat yourself to more chewy, gooey cookie recipes...
What are your favourite cookie flavours? Tell us in the comments below...