Points to remember:
- Take our best-ever brownie recipe and omit the milk and white chocolate.
- Pour the batter into your prepared tin and add your chosen toppings. Once the toppings are on, bake for 25 – 30 mins at 180/160C fan/gas 4.
- Polka dot brownies 2 tbsp milk chocolate buttons (push half of them into the mixture and lay the rest on top) and dot 1 tbsp white chocolate buttons over the top of the batter too before baking.
- Raspberry cheesecake brownies Stir 100g cream cheese to soften it a little then add 2 tbsp golden caster sugar and 1 egg yolk. Mix or whisk until smooth then pour over the brownie batter and swirl it around with a fork if you like. Dot the surface with a few raspberries and bake.
- Choc-nut brownies Warm 50g peanut butter in a small pan, just for a few minutes until it becomes runny. Drizzle it over the brownie batter then swirl in using a spoon to create a marbled effect. Top with 2 tbsp chopped milk chocolate or chocolate chips and a handful of whole nuts (we used pecans, Brazils, cashews, walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts) then bake.
Enjoyed these ultra indulgent brownies? Discover more desserts to satisfy your sweet tooth...
What's your favourite brownie added-extra? Let us know in the comments below...