How to make lemon drizzle scones:
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 6 and grease a large baking tray.
- Mix together 125ml buttermilk and 4 tbsp whole milk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add 250g self-raising flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 50g butter and rub together.
- Add 25g golden caster sugar, zest of 2 lemons and the thickened milk. Combine the mixture carefully.
- Pat out the dough. Use a 7cm cookie cutter to cut out the scones.
- Place the scones onto a baking tray and bake for 10-12 mins. Leave to cool.
- Mix 3 tbsp icing sugar with zest of 1 lemon and a squeeze of lemon juice. Drizzle over the scones.
- Scatter with 4 crushed white sugar cubes. Leave to set for 10 mins. Serve with clotted cream and jam.
See the full recipe for lemon drizzle scones.