Healthy one-pan roast chicken
Try our app for ad-free recipe inspiration - 6 months for £4.99
Your easiest ever midweek meal is here. BBC Good Food's one-pan roast chicken is healthy, takes minutes to prepare and is packed with rainbow vegetables.
Points to remember:
- Heat oven to 200C/180C/gas 6. Zest and juice 1 lemon and roughly chop a handful of thyme sprigs.
- Put a 1.6kg chicken into a large roasting tin, rub with the lemon juice, 1 tbsp rapeseed oil and the thyme. Roast for 25 mins.
- Meanwhile chop 500g butternut squash (skin on), 300g carrots, 300g parsnips, 1 red onion into chunks.
- Separate the cloves from 1 garlic bulb.
- Mix all the veg together with 1 tbsp rapeseed oil, the lemon zest and seasoning.
- Nestle the veg around the chicken and roast for a further 45 mins, turning the veg halfway through.