How to make our green bean & penne salad:
- Chop 1 large red onion and cut 160g green beans into short lengths.
- Boil 75g wholemeal penne in a pan of water for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and onions to the pan, return to the boil and cook for 5 mins more, then drain.
- Meanwhile, chop 2 tomatoes and add to a bowl with 1 tbsp rapeseed oil, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar and half a small pack of basil (saving a couple of leaves). Blitz with a hand-blender to make a dressing.
- Tip the pasta and beans into the dressing, add 4 chopped Kalamanta olives and mix well. Allow to cool.
- Spoon into lunchboxes and top with the remaining basil leaves and a handful of rocket leaves. This can be chilled for up to one day ahead.
Sign up to our Healthy Diet Plan!
This recipe is part of our free Healthy Diet Plan. Sign up today and we’ll send you seven days of triple-tested, nutritionally-optimised recipes, plus expert tips to help you look and feel your very best.
Discover more healthy lunch recipes...