How to make iced Christmas biscuits:
- Into a food processor, put 140g icing sugar, 250g cold butter cut into cubes, 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1 egg yolk then blitz until smooth. Add in 375g plain flour.
- Pulse until the biscuit dough comes together, shape into two discs, cover in clingfilm and chill for 30 mins. The biscuit dough can be made a day in advance.
- Roll the dough to the thickness of a £1 coin, then cut out into Christmas shapes using festive cutters. Skewer the top of each biscuit so that a piece of ribbon can be threaded through.
- Bake at 190C/170C fan/gas 5 for 10-12 mins.
- Cool on a wire rack. For the icing, add a few drops of water to icing sugar to form a thick spreadable icing. Cover each of the biscuits then decorate with edible glitter or silver balls. Thread onto ribbon for the ultimate edible Christmas tree decoration.
Want to make the most of your festive biscuit cutters? Try making these next:
What's your favourite Christmas sweet treat? Leave a comment below...