Easiest ever Halloween cupcakes
Magazine subscription – choose a brand-new cookbook when you subscribe
Make these frightfully easy and spooky cupcakes with the kids for a fun-filled Halloween party, using icing and sweets to create scary monsters and cute cats.
How to make our ghoulishly good chocolate cupcakes:
- Whisk together 200g softened butter with 300g golden caster sugar until fluffy then whisk in 2 eggs.
- Add 50g cocoa powder, 250g self-raising flour, 200g melted dark chocolate, ¼ tsp baking powder mixed with 100ml boiling water, 200ml milk and 1-2 tsp black food colouring.
- Whisk everything together until a smooth cake batter then divide between 24 cucpake cases.
- Bake the cakes in a 180C/160C fan/gas 4 oven for 20 mins. Leave the cakes to cool.
- Whilst the cakes are cooling, whisk together 300g softened butter with 500g icing sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract and some black food colouring then put the icing into a piping bag.
- Decorate cakes with the icing, white, green and pink fondant and jelly sweets to create your own Halloween cupcakes.
Discover more spooky treats with our Halloween guides and collections...
What are your favourite Halloween cupcake designs? Let us know in the comments section...