Banana and Chocolate Chip Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 10
Easy tasty banana and chocolate cake
- 125g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 100g chocolate chips, white or milk are best
- 190g self raising flour
- 60ml milk
- STEP 1Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin. Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- STEP 2Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well.
- STEP 3Add the egg, mix well.
- STEP 4Stir in the flour and the milk. Once combined add the chocolate chips.
- STEP 5Pour into the prepared tin, sprinkle with a tablespoon of demerara sugar to give a crunch topping if liked.
- STEP 6Bake at 150 C fan oven (or 170 C regular, Gas mark 3) for 45 mins, until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool and enjoy